Haiti

Haiti is suffering from the massive Jan 12 earthquake and needs our help. Below I've posted some first-hand accounts of the quake from people in Haiti. Please consider a donation to an organization in Haiti. If you would like to give directly to a Haitian family, please contact me (anna.versluis@gmail.com).

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Saturday, July 1


I stayed at home all day today. It was nice not to have to deal with the dust and heat and traffic of the streets, but by the end of the day I was pretty restless, and I missed talking with Ben in the evening, as we usually do. Ben and I skyped (not familiar with that verb? see skype.com to see how we talk for hours for free when in different countries), however, several times throughout the day since he is going backpacking over the long weekend and I will be in Fond Verrettes without phone/internet connections for most of the coming week. I thought it'd be nice to have a day without kids around, but I forgot about M. A cute picture of him is attached. He's taken to following me around--he is SO fascinated and interested in everything I do (he LOVED talking with Ben, loves the digital camera, loves how I iron my "beautiful" clothes, loves my screensaver, loves watching cartoons with me, loves the beautiful pizza I made and he tasted for the first time, etc.) yet I quickly tire of having someone breathing over my shoulder when it's hot and I'm doing tedious GIS work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home