Haiti

Haiti is suffering from the massive Jan 12 earthquake and needs our help. Below I've posted some first-hand accounts of the quake from people in Haiti. Please consider a donation to an organization in Haiti. If you would like to give directly to a Haitian family, please contact me (anna.versluis@gmail.com).

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Monday, July 3

I went to the RNDDH office early today to use their printer and phone, then to the bank and the Bureau de Protection Civil with Andrenor. I walked to the UTSIG office and picked up the data!!! Yea! Now I have orthophotographs of my study site as well as some other government GIS data of the area. UTSIG has been extremely helpful. I went back to the BPC office for a quick chat with H about arranging travel with him to Fond Verrettes next week. Then to the univerisity in Damien (via a new--for me--taptap route) to talk with Andrenor and Director Richmond. I went to the university library to do some research but instead ended up rearranging the card catalogue boxes into their correct order--that had been bothering me for some time--and then decided I wasn't feeling well (allergies, heat, dust, etc.) enough to stay so I went home to rest and get ready for the trip to Fond Verrettes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home