Haiti

Haiti is suffering from the massive Jan 12 earthquake and needs our help. Below I've posted some first-hand accounts of the quake from people in Haiti. Please consider a donation to an organization in Haiti. If you would like to give directly to a Haitian family, please contact me (anna.versluis@gmail.com).

Tuesday, May 29, 2007



A fire in the pine forest

A "kombit" where a group of men and boys work together to hoe a field.

Planting onions


An onion field that has been planted.




Fixing a flat on the motorcycle
A cabbage field

Cher-frere somehow managed to get the motorcycle down this mountain.

Getting ready to work a steep field


1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great observations. I guess I'm not the only one who makes observations in such places as airports. I like the "and the women."--I was thinking the same thought when I read on--and saw you--and someone else--had thought it too! I especially liked the comments regarding the immigration people! Lori from Ontario

 

Post a Comment

<< Home