Haiti

Haiti is suffering from the massive Jan 12 earthquake and needs our help. Below I've posted some first-hand accounts of the quake from people in Haiti. Please consider a donation to an organization in Haiti. If you would like to give directly to a Haitian family, please contact me (anna.versluis@gmail.com).

Saturday, January 16, 2010

News from Frislain, a community development worker in Haiti

"I am alive thanks to the Almighty Lord. I was in a meeting in the building that collapsed on the UN staff, including the UN Chief Hedi Anabi [who was killed]. Thirty minutes after I left, the earthquake hit. I was in my office on the second floor. God grabbed me and put me outside and I am alive. All is well in my family. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers and continue to pray as the people and the country were destroyed completely. P.S. I am in the south trying to flee the terrible aftermath of Port-au-Prince."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home